Skip to main content

What Makes a Carbon Monoxide Detector So Vital?

Blog default

Perhaps the easiest way in which to answer the question above is simply to inform readers that carbon monoxide detectors are required in many areas. In order to help you to better understand just how vital it is that your carbon monoxide detector is expertly installed and in fine working condition, we’ve put together some information regarding the threats posed by CO exposure. If you have any questions regarding carbon monoxide detectors, or if you require any carbon monoxide detector services, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team. Your safety is a top priority. That is why you should call Electrical Connection Inc. for your carbon monoxide detector services in Central Connecticut. 

Why is a Carbon Monoxide Detector Necessary?

As you likely know, carbon monoxide can pose serious health and safety risks if present in the home. What you may not realize, though, is how notoriously difficult carbon monoxide is to detect. Carbon monoxide, or CO, is tasteless odorless, and colorless. This makes it all but impossible for humans to detect the gas unassisted. While low-level exposures to CO are not going to be immediately fatal, a situation in which a resident is sleeping when exposed to the gas can obviously be very dangerous. It is important to learn the warning signs of carbon monoxide exposure, but you cannot count on early recognition of such symptoms to keep you truly safe. Only a professionally installed and serviced carbon monoxide detector can offer that level of protection.

What Does Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Look Like?

In low doses, carbon monoxide can lead to flu-like symptoms. These may include dizziness, weakness, dull headaches and nausea. As the level of exposure heightens, the symptoms will worsen. Vomiting, shortness of breath and tightness of the chest, confusion, and loss of consciousness are all possible. Prolonged exposure to CO, or high-level exposures, can and do lead to death. Make sure that you are safe in your own home, and allow us to handle your carbon monoxide detector service needs.


Need Service Now? Call Your Expert Newington Electricians!